Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting a macro shot on the forest floor, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- In the world of macro photography,…is there anything better than the forest floor?…As we continue to tell stories in the forest…and use different lenses in order to tell those stories,…the macro lens is so powerful.…It gives you an incredibly unique, close up view…on the macro subjects of the forest.…On the walk back from the falls,…I had my eye out for something special.…I didn't know what it was,…I just knew that something here would really catch my eye.…Now I found some interesting brown/green fern combinations…I really liked, but I didn't love.…
I was still looking for something to really jump out.…Now what I found over here is a leaf…that is decayed so much so that only the veins…of the leaf are left.…There's nothing in between.…There's no color.…It's just...It almost looks like a spider web.…That absolutely fascinates me…and if I wanna tell that story,…only one lens is gonna do it,…and that's the macro lens.…Now in order to get everything set up just right,…it's complicated.…You have to be very comfortable moving your tripod…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.