Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing wrinkles with Dodge, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
We're now ready to begin to work on the wrinkles.…So let's create a new layer.…Press Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC, change you blending Mode to Soft Light,…Fill with Soft-Light-neutral color (50% gray) and we're going to call this layer dodge.…This will be our dodge layer, next we're going to select the Dodge Tool and we're going to work on the Shadows.…We're going to go down to a real low Exposure here.…I'm going to take this down somewhere in the teens, I have it on 15%.…My brush size is going to be small and I'm going to start to work on the eye here.…
Nice small brush size, zoom in a little bit on the image and what I'm going to do here is just start to go over the wrinkles,…I want to start really subtly to get the feel for the image, get the feel for my tool, get the feel for the intensity of the tool…and really see how far am I going to take this.…Wrinkles become longer and deeper with age.…So what I want to do is I want to start out on the outer edge of these wrinkles and start to bring them back.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.