Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing wrinkles with Burn, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Hey! Great to have you back.…In this movie, what we're going to do is look at how we can improve the wrinkles, with some burning.…Let us Zoom In on the image; let us create a new layer.…Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC, we'll name this layer burn.…Take it to the Blend Mode of Soft Light and choose Fill with Soft-Light-neutral gray and click OK.…Now, we're going to select the Burn tool, make sure we have a nice small brush.…What we're going to do here is look to try to flatten out these wrinkles a little bit,…so there is always a brighter part of the wrinkle.…
We want to start with the real low exposures; I'm going to go to 10% here.…What I'm going to do is just take this over and I'm looking to darken the brighter side of the wrinkle Again,…we want to even the tone out, I want to get familiar with this tool.…So, I'm going to start small all of this stuff, you really do want to start small, you want to start almost in the way…where you do not actually see hardly anything, you are thinking is it really worth it?…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.