Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing shiny skin with Curves and masking, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Sometimes cleaning up the details…in the skin isn't enough.…Sometimes what we need to do is move beyond that,…and perhaps work on color, as we've already seen…or maybe even the brightness or the shine of the skin.…That's what we'll look at here with this portrait.…This is a local artist in the town where I live,…and if I zoom in on the image, you can see…that I've already done the detail work.…Here is the before, and then click again…and you can see the after.…And all of this detail work has been done…just like we've seen before with our spot healing…and our healing brush.…
And it's just a matter of getting out…all of those little teeny skin variations or blemishes.…So we have a nice look in the portrait…with that before and after, with the detail work.…But then once you get rid of some of those details,…sometimes you notice other things, like what I notice…is that there's a little bit of shine or too much brightness…in certain areas on her face.…So to change something like that we can use a technique…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.