Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing lens distortion in video clips, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop.
So truth be told, the first time I actually really started exploring, opening,…and manipulating video in Photoshop, had to do with the first time I realized…that you can correct for lens distortion in Photoshop.…So rather than just correcting one still image, we could correct whole pieces of footage.…So let's get started by making our corrections.…If we scrub through the Timeline here, you can see I just have a shot, it was…taken at the beach here in California, and it's definitely a video footage.…
Now, one of the things you should do before trying to adjust for lens correction…is convert your video footage into a Smart Object.…This way, when the correction happens it will happen over the entire length of the clip.…So right click or Ctrl+click if you're on the Mac, on Layer 1 and choose…Convert to Smart Object.…When we choose that, now we can go up under Filter and go down to Lens Correction.…With Lens Correction open, let's look at Auto Correction first.…Here on the right side, if we move down to the second box here, Search Criteria,…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.