Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of fixing exposure issues with the Photoshop Camera Raw plugin so you can quickly enhance your teaching and learning assets.
- [Instructor] In an earlier movie…I suggested that you use…your camera's automatic exposure setting…so you could focus on your composition.…And most of the time your camera…is going to nail the exposure but not always.…Let's spend a few minutes…and look at how to fix exposure problems…with one of my favorite tools…and that's a plugin into Photoshop…called Camera Raw.…Now, let's start in bridge.…Now, there are three types of images…that you will likely use with Camera Raw…for teaching and learning…and those are JPEGs, TIFFs…and your camera's native raw file format…which could also be converted…to Adobe's Digital Negative Format or DNG.…
To ensure that you're opening your images directly…in Camera Raw,…right or control click on one of your images…and then select Open in Camera Raw.…Now, there's a lot going on…inside of this tool…but for this movie we're only going to focus…on the exposure options here…in the right-hand panel.…Now, at the top of the panel is a histogram…that represents the dark areas of your image on the left…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.