Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing eye details, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Using the technique which we learned…in the previous movie, let's take a look…at how we can improve a small detail area of the eye.…Now, you may remember this portrait…from one of our earlier chapters where we looked…at how we could cleanup some of the distracting elements…in the background.…So this image is a work in progress.…And the next thing that I want to do…is focus in on the eyes.…If we zoom in really close, you can see…with the right eye in particular, there's something here…in the eye that I want to retouch away.…And, when you have a problem,…often the first place you look is say,…is there anything else that's good that I could use?…We could use part of the left eye over here,…that would work really well.…
Here's how we can do that.…You go to the Background layer.…We use a selection tool like the Lasso tool.…And just make a really rough selection.…It doesn't really need to be that exact.…But often what you want to do…is select a little bit more than you need.…Then press Cmd J on a Mac, or Ctrl J on Windows,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.