Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing the ears, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to take a look…at how we can use some more advanced features…in the liquefy filter in order to improve…an area of this photograph.…Now because of the angle of the way…I captured this photograph,…the subject's right ear is sticking out…and so what I want to do is tuck that back in.…To do that, let's begin by copying the background layer…and then we'll double-click the layer name,…we'll call this one Liquefy.…Next, we'll navigate up to our filter pull-down menu…and choose Liquefy in order to open the image up…inside of the Liquefy filter dialogue.…
One of the things that we've seen…is that we can use this Forward Warp tool…and we can increase our brush size, or the pressure,…and for a moment I want to exaggerate.…This will look just outright silly,…but I want to do this to illustrate a point.…If I make an adjustment on the ear here and push,…you can see how I'm pushing the ear in, but also the face.…Yet, take a look at this.…You can use this feature right here.…This one, which is called the Freeze Mask Tool.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.