Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing a discolored tooth, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll look at another example…of how we can whiten or brighten teeth,…except, this time, we'll focus in…on working one specific tooth.…This is a portrait of one of my sister's best friends,…and, here she is on her wedding day,…and you can see she has this one tooth…which is a little bit discolored, and we want to fix that.…So, how do we do it?…Well here, rather than make a selection,…we'll begin simply by going straight to hue saturation.…We'll click on the target adjustment tool…and sample the color that we want to correct,…in this case the yellows.…
And, because this one has such a strong kind…of discoloration to it, I'm going to remove a lot of that.…So here you can see I'm removing a lot of that…almost all the way down to the bottom there.…After having done that, what we need to do…is mask it into a specific area.…So we go to the mask tab, click on invert,…and we'll need to zoom in really close here,…grab a brush tool, and, with our brush tool,…we want to make a brush which has zero percent hardness,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.