Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing details and brightness, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to share with you…a technique that you can use…in order to smooth or soften skin.…For this technique we'll be creating a few layers,…we'll put those layers inside of a layer group,…and work with a custom or hand painted mask.…So it involves a few steps,…and the first step is to copy the background layer twice.…To do that, press Command + J on a Mac,…or Control + J on Windows, two times.…We'll go ahead and name the top layer texture or details.…
Next, we'll name the layer underneath,…softness or smoothing,…'cause that's exactly what we'll be doing on each layer.…Now let's first work on our soft layer…and we'll go ahead and turn off…the texture layer above,…and let's also turn off the background layer…just for a moment, so that we're sure…we're just on this one layer,…this is all we're working with, is this one right here.…Next we want to zoom in on the image,…and here I want to zoom in really close,…so I can see all the details that we have in the photograph.…We can see all the pores in the skin and whatnot.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.