Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing a common issue with glasses, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] As long as we're on the topic…of fixing issues related to the eyes,…let's talk about how we can fix a common issue…which happens when you photograph someone…who's wearing glasses.…This is a photograph of my buddy Michael, and you can see…he has these transitional glasses that they become darker…when you go outside, yet what happens is when you use…studio lights, the bright light triggers that…so that the glasses become dark.…Or maybe, just someone who has glasses on it and it's…sort of changing the colour in that area of the frame.…How can we fix and improve that?…Well to do that we'll make three adjustments,…and it will all begin by making a selection.…
Here I'll use quick select, and just click and drag…over the area that I want to modify.…Hold down the option key on a Mac, alt on Windows,…to paint over any area that you do not want to modify.…I don't want to modify the rim of the glasses,…so I'm just going to go ahead and click to paint away…some of that area which is selected.…And I'm going to do so carefully, 'cause I want to make sure…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.