Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing clothing and hair, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Male Instructor] Let's look at an example…where we can use the liquify filter to make some really…significant improvements to an image.…With this image here, one thing I noticed was that…the garment, the strap was a little tight,…so there's sort of a divot over here on the shoulder…and part of it sticks out on the back up here.…I also think because of the angle of view,…the hair is sticking up a little bit too much as well.…Let's fix those things with liquify.…To do that, we'll click and drag the background layer…down to the new layer icon…and I'll name this new layer "shape".…
Next, we'll go to our filter pull down menu…and choose liquify.…This will open up our liquify dialog…and the tool that I want to use is the forward warp tool.…This one right here.…And I'll zoom in just like we zoom in in Photoshop.…That's command plus on a Mac or control plus on Windows.…You can change your brush size with your…left bracket key, smaller, right bracket key, bigger.…And brush pressure and density, I'll have those down…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.