In this video, add the finishing touches to your painting.
- [Instructor] We have now worked … on all the layers of our illustration … and now comes the most fun part, … at least from my perspective. … I will now freely roam all the layers here … of the illustration and just add details and adjustments … as they spring to my mind. … So let's just directly go to the background here … because for a space background, … I'm missing a lot of stars here, … so let's just go in and start painting some stars. … And this is now just … the point where … you can touch any part … of the painting. … You can do it on the individual layers. … I also like to create a final retouch layer … on top of all other layers. … Maybe let's just do it … right now. … A new layer, and now I can just paint in my image. … Don't care about which layer I'm painting on. … I just add little details and refinements of textures. … Here on the planet I define some craters … or something like this. … Maybe even adding some more highlights. … And you can spend hours and hours in this phase, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.