In this video, wrap your colored drawing up by adding some last minute changes and cropping it to its final dimensions.
- [Instructor] I now want to add some finishing touches … to our colored digital drawing … and let's get started with that right away. … So one thing that came to my mind … is that it would be cool to have a little color design here … in the cap, so let's quickly select … this middle part here of the cap … and let's use a hue and saturation adjustment. … I check the Colorize option here … and I want to make it a little bit darker … and a little bit more saturated, … so blue might be a nice choice here … for some color design on the cap. … All right, I like that. … Control + D or Command + D on the Mac to deselect. … Now let's see what we can also do. … I want to bring some color variations to the face … so let's select the face layer. … Now I'm going to need a very big … and soft brush. … I find that in my selection of brushes … in the Special category. … Here we have the Big Soft Brush. … That is a great brush for the kind … of color application that I'm looking for. … I'm going to use a bright blue …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.