Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing touches, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So this is the current state…of our space pirate illustration.…And let me just close the Tool Presets here.…So that we can make the Layers palette a little bit bigger…to see how our file is organized.…So we have the coloring of the background here…with a grouped color layer still.…We can merge them…just to save some space…in the Layers palette.…
Layers, Merge Layers.…Now we have combined them and we want to…reactivate the transparency lock again.…And then we have the coloring layer…for the space pirate, for the figure.…Then we have the three…sketch layers above.…And now we want to do some finishing touches…and for those I create a new layer…on top of everything else.…
And I call it Finishing Touches.…Because I now want to make sure…that when I apply paint…that it goes over the drawing…and is not obscured by the drawing.…Now the first thing I want to do is to…use a much smaller brush and just…create some more highlights.…I pick the lightest tone from the skin color here…and make an even lighter tone.…And I just have to adjust the Opacity…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.