Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the background, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
Here we are going to take a look at how we can fill in some of the gaps that we…have here in the background of our photograph.…In our Layers panel you'll notice that we have the fireplace screen on the topmost layer.…Well I want to merge this one down to the merged layer so that I can then extend…some of this background here.…To do that, you can either press Command+E on a Mac or Ctrl+E on Windows, or you…can go to the Layer pulldown menu and you can select Merge Down.…In a sense what you'll be doing is committing to that adjustment so that it's…now merged or flattened into this layer here.…
Next, what we are going to do is we are going to take a look at how we can start…to bring in some of the details here into the area where we have gaps.…Well one technique that we can use, which we have seen previously, is to use…the Clone Stamp tool.…Here we can select the Clone Stamp tool. We want to choose a brush without any…Hardness, medium-sized brush will work well;…we want to have a pretty high Opacity.…
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.