- In this video, I just want to cover…a couple of more tools that exist…in the Photoshop curves adjustment layer dialog box,…and that's the ability to manually edit…and also to smooth your curves.…Let me show you how this works,…and also give you some cautionary notes…about using particularly the smoothing feature.…Okay, we're going to get started with…and we're going to use that accurate curve that we created…in the previous accurate target base curves adjustment,…and we're going to right-click here,…and we're just going to Duplicate this layer.…
And we're going to call this the Smoothed version.…Alright, the Smoothed version.…And, let's turn this off, there we go.…So we're just looking at the Smoothed base version.…And the way you would want to use this,…a reason where you might want to use this,…is let's go take a look at the blue channel.…Option, or Alt, 5,…and you'll notice when we made our target base correction,…sometimes you end up with some…somewhat abrupt changes along the pass…'cause we did it with 10 specific points on there.…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.