Begin the assembling process. Become at least a minor-league packrat and start collecting so-called “junk”— like bubble wrap, empty food containers, and scraps of interesting paper that can be used as both backdrop and foreground material for scans. Resourcefulness and open-mindedness are the keys here!
- As you might already know,…and as you will definitely see in the videos ahead,…just about anything that'll fit on a scanner…without breaking it is fair game for a scanography project.…So, just to help expand your ideas about scanography…subject matter and to help you brainstorm project ideas,…let me throw some suggestions at you,…and in no particular order.…Okay, there's toys, of course.…New toys, old toys.…
It could be your toys, your kid's toys,…other people's toys, whatever.…I mean, who doesn't like toys?…And what about the broad category of keepsakes,…which does mean different things to different people?…And maybe this stuff's up on a shelf somewhere…or in a box in the attic and there's only one way…to find out, right?…And what about tools, both ordinary…and also on the unusual side?…And yeah, things like these could really come in handy…for the creature creating project…that we got coming up later on.…
And what about jewelry and the like?…Stuff that's meaningful to you…as well as stuff that your kid might've brought home…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.