Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding a shot of fall-foliage color in the Hoh Rain Forest, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- It's so important to approach subjects…with different seasons.…The conditions are always changing,…and the forest especially.…Here we are in late fall,…and throughout our entire shoot,…we haven't really seen fall color.…That's because fall comes a little bit earlier here.…We did see some wintery conditions…at Sol Duc Falls, with that ice village.…But, we persisted and found some incredible…late fall color coming from this vine maple.…
Beautiful yellow.…And it's just so isolated in this forest,…I'm just so glad that I didn't give up,…kept looking, kept searching,…and here it is, that fall color.…I can embrace that fall,…and it's just so crucial to be able…to tell that story, the story of the seasons.…When you come back to a forest in each season,…you're gonna have so much variety to choose from.…With the vine maple here,…I'm using a 16-35 wide-angle lens.…I'm zoomed into 35 because I don't want…too much sky here.…
I've got this maple spread throughout…the composition, from right to left,…with some ferns in the foreground,…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 36s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 47s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.