Chris Mattia teaches you how to use the hidden Web Developer toolkit in your web browser to quickly figure out the correct sizes for images in your learning management system, or LMS, WordPress blog, or any other website.
- [Narrator] The websites we build teaching…and learning content for,…such as learning managements systems, Wordpress blogs,…and other web-based tools are all designed in a way…that the content that you create goes…into hidden HTML containers.…This helps the website stay organized and structured.…Let's look at a hidden feature of most web browsers…to see these hidden containers,…so you can figure out some appropriate sizes…for your artboards.…Now, if you want to follow along…then open up your Chrome web browser…and let's go to the HTML for educators course page,…here on Linkedin Learning as an example.…
Any of the movie pages will do.…Then go up to the View menu, select Developer,…and then choose Developer Tools.…Now if this is the first time…that you're opening your tools,…they'll more than likely open up on the right-hand side…of your browser.…Just look for three-dot menu, click on that,…and then choose Dock Side Bottom.…Then click on the Select An Element To Inspect icon,…here on the left of the toolbar.…It looks like a mouse cursor pointing into a box.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.