Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Final image review, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this final movie, I want to walk through all the steps that we have taken in order to create this particular image.…So I'll press Tab key and then press F to go to Full Screen View mode and than F7 to bring back the Layers palette. …Now let's take a look at the progression of this particular retouch. I'm going to hold the Option key on a Mac,…Alt key on a PC and click on the eye icon in the original layer. That shows me the original file, as captured. What we did first…was basic clean up work. Then we added a little bit of color to try to get rid of some of those reds. Let's zoom in…a little bit, so we can see that we minimized some of the color variation. Great. Next we worked on the teeth,…then the wrinkles. The nice thing about the way that we retouched this image is we can dial in how far we want to go at the wrinkles.…
I could bring more of them back,…bring them all back or take them all out for that matter. I kind of like it down somewhere in the 80s, that looks pretty nice.…Then we have the nose adjustments, then we have the makeup, a little bit of color, important color on the cheeks,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.