Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Final image review, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this final movie, I want to clean things up just a little bit and retrace our steps, so that we can see where we have come…from to talk about our overall retouching work flow.…Well, the one thing I need to clean up is my Layers palette, you notice I have these sharpening layers click on the top layer…and then hold down the Shift key, click on the bottom layer, press Command+G on the Mac,…Ctrl+G on the PC, and name this group sharpen.…Now, what I'm going to do here is press Tab, to get rid of my toolbox and Layers palettes,…and then press F to get Full Screen View mode, and then I'll press F7 which will bring back my Layers palette.…
Very nice, let's look at our overall before and after, here is our initial image, after some clean up work, looks really good.…Here are the group of adjustments that we have called dimension.…Now the nice thing about the way we've approached retouching this file is, if I don't like this amount of dimension,…all that I need to do is lower the Opacity, I can take it all the way off and no harm has been done, or I can bring it in…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.