Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Final image review, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie I want to briefly show you a before and after so we can summarize, so we can sum up all that we have done.…Now as I mentioned previously there is always more that could be done and as I look at this image I think, oh if only we…could deal with that or deal with that or deal with that, yet my intent is to show you a number of different techniques and …to share with you the process of retouching an image.…So I hope you picked up some really valuable skills. Alright. Well let's take a look at hour before and after.…I have to go to Full Screen View mode.…Tab to get rid of everything and then F7 will bring back our Layers palette.…I am going to zoom in on this image just a little bit here so we can check it out.…
Here was our original file,…and then we went through some retouching. Here is our Retouching 1 and then some softness, some color work,…some final color and then finally some sharpening.…And now let's zoom in on the face at 100% so we can see this overall again before and after,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.