In this video, complete your digital drawing by adding the final details and adjusting the thickness of the line art in some places.
- [Instructor] Adding details on separate layers … is a very effective way to work on your drawing. … Let's just create a new layer … and start to add some detail here. … And sometimes it even makes sense to decrease the opacity … on the line art that is already there in order to be able … to concentrate on the elements that you are adding. … Digital drawing is very flexible in that regard. … So now we are adding this little lamp here. … Can also move it around a little bit … so that it sits better on this railing here. … And of course we can make use of the digital nature … of our workspace by simply duplicating elements like this. … And when we are happy with the placement we can again … increase the opacity on the other parts of our drawing, … can now use the eraser for example to get rid … of the lines that will be occluded by the new elements … and that way we can now just start … to add all kinds of elements to our drawing. … We have fast forward again and I'm just adding … some final details here. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.