In this video, use elliptical selections and the Free Transform function to add elements to your final line art.
- [Narrator] The next element that I want to create … is the wheels of the space truck … and I want to create them on their own separate layer. … So let's create a new layer here … and now let's zoom in a little bit to the front wheel here. … Now we could try to draw this wheel freehand … but since it's an elliptical form, … we maybe can use some help here. … So I will use the elliptical marquee tool … and I will try to find an elliptical form here … that roughly matches the wheel … and our rough drawing can still move it around a little bit. … And now that I'm happy I use my brush tool, … let's zoom in a little bit, … and I can now draw inside this selection. … And this is a nice technique because … it doesn't look as clean as, for example, … creating this shape with a vector path … and then stroking it, this still looks kind of hand drawn … because we have the hand drawn quality inside the selection. … But the selection itself will make sure that the ellipse … that we are drawing here is actually pretty accurate. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.