In this video, complete your final line art by refining the line weight of your drawing.
- So we have a first layer of lines here in our drawing … but if we turn off the rough sketch in the background, … we will see our drawing looks a little bit flat, … and the lines all have the same quality, … and we can bring much more character into our drawing … if we now refine the line weight of our drawing. … So the line weight means the width of the lines … at specific points, … and here you can see me drawing along the silhouette, … the edge of the nose and, … adding some more weight to the lines here. … Especially where they create a tangible edge, … something that you could really feel … if you ran your finger around it. … Same is true here for the tip of the nose. … And the rule here basically is that … if something form an edge … sticks out, … you want to give it some extra weight. … Also, if something is clearly in front of something else, … you want to give it some extra line weight. … Like the mustache here, … that is definitely in front of everything that's … behind it, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.