In this video, start your final line art based on your rough drawing.
- So this is our rough sketch. … This is going to be the base for our digital drawing. … Let's zoom out a little bit … to see how our digital canvas looks. … So our sketches here are pretty small … and also we don't need the top row of sketches here. … So first thing I'm going to use the lasso tool … to select the sketch here and then there's … a handy keyboard short cut ctrl+shft+j, … cmd+shift+j on the Mac. … This will cut out our sketch and put it on its own layer. … We can now simply make the other sketches invisible … and can concentrate on our sketch here. … Now let's position this a little bit better … and also let's scale it up. … Edit, free transform, gives us the transform handles. … Now I'm just pulling these handles here … to bring our rough sketch to a good scale … compared to the total size of our digital canvas. … Some rotation maybe, even, why not? … Enter, for confirmation. … And now, we want to create … our finished drawing on its separate layer. … So let's create a new layer. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.