In this video, further refine the look of your illustration by adding a few final adjustments.
- [Instructor] So this is our finished painting. … I actually added the little shadows of the moons here … that I forgot to paint … and, while this is our finished painting, … it is not our finished illustration … because I think we can add a few adjustments here … to enhance the quality of the illustration further. … And what I like to do when I add adjustments to a painting, … is to keep them separate from my painting … so the first thing that I'm going to do … is I select all the layers that make up my painting … and I create a new group that I call Painting. … And I create new group on top of that … that I call Adjustments. … And the first adjustment that I want to add … to my illustration here is a new layer … that I want to set to Overlay mode. … And now I switch to the brush tool, … which is still this very big soft brush … and I want to take a pretty saturated dark blue … and paint it over the corners here … of my illustration. … This creates some sort of vignetting effect … and that way the foreground of the illustration …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.