Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Final Drawing: Part 2, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We now continue our space pirate drawing.…We already have the head.…We now have to draw the spacesuit,…and in order to draw these…elliptical forms here more easily…I will use the Elliptical Marquee Tool…and will make a selection…that comes close to the contours…indicated through our rough sketch in the background.…
and with the help of this selection,…by drawing just along the edge,…the line I'm creating will start to look pretty clean.…Not too clean, but clean enough…and now I would need another selection,…but a better way to solve the problem…is to transform the selection, so I'm going to select…Transform Selection.…
I change the shape of my selection…in a way that it looks the way I want it.…I hit enter, and I now can draw…lower edge of this ring here.…I really like the way this looks now.…Again, I will transform the selection…to paint this lower edge of the ring,…and we have another ring at the bottom,…I can now deselect my selection,…ctrl + d, the remaining parts I will do freehand.…
Some more details on the space suit now,…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.