Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Final Drawing: Part 1, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So here we have the rough sketch of our space pirate,…and now we want to start our actual final drawing,…and for that, I will create a new layer…for our final drawing,…and I will just decrease the opacity…of the idea sketch…and the rough sketch,…so that they just serve as an orientation…for my new drawing,…and I totally forgot to rename my layers.…
Let's zoom in and where do we start?…Well I start at the goggles,…and you always have to trust your gut feeling here.…There's no right place to start a drawing.…You should start where your inspiration kicks in.…I'm really fond of this…eyepatch-slash-goggle idea,…and I think that's the reason why I want to start…my drawing with this element.…
Maybe a little screw over here,…and over there,…and the wrinkles…on the hat…indicate that this eyepatch is…sitting really tight to the face.…Little bit of padding over here.…Now I am using,…well you could call it,…hatching using very short, little strokes…to create some shading in spaces where the light…won't go.…
Now let's do the eye.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.