Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Final Drawing: Part 1, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So, we now have a rough sketch of our spaceship…and we're going to use this as a base…and as an orientation for our final digital drawing.…I will now go to the Layers palette,…and lower the opacity of my rough sketch…to something between 30 and 50%…something like this,…and I will create a new layer for my drawing.…
Now we can start to draw…and the brush I am currently using…is the drawing brush,…but it's a little bit too big.…I'm going to lower the size of this brush to,…well, let's try four pixels,…and now I start to work on my spaceship.…And I'm beginning here at the front…at the cockpit.…And now it's basically the time to…start to think in three dimensional shapes.…
Create little boxes,…cut out stuff,…always try to stick at least loosely…to the perspective lines when you're doing that.…And the challenge here is to…always know which vanishing point…you have to serve.…Vertical lines are no problem.…They just stay vertical,…but as soon as you're drawing…a line that is not vertical,…you have to pay attention…which vanishing point you have to aim at,…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.