Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering selections in Quick Mask, part of Photoshop CS5: Selections in Depth.
When you're working in Quick Mask mode, you can apply a filter directly to the quick mask.…I like to do this to make some fun-looking frames around my images.…To show you how, I'll start by making an oval selection with the Elliptical…Marquee tool, clicking and dragging an oval that almost touches the edges of the image.…I'll take that selection into Quick Mask mode in order to apply a filter,…because I can't filter a marching ant selection, but I can filter that selection…when it's translated into a quick mask.…
Now I'm going to go up to the Filter menu, and I'm going down to the Pixilate…Category of Filters, and I'm going to choose the Color Halftone filter.…I can customize the color halftone, in particular the radius of the halftone…dots that I'm going to be creating.…I like to make those dots bigger than the default, so I'll change this to say 16…pixels, and I'll click OK.…And that's the result of running the Color Halftone Filter on this quick mask.…Now I'm going to go out of Quick Mask mode, translating the mask back into a…
- Understanding the when and why of making selections
- Combining and transforming selections
- Selecting fine detail with Refine Edge
- Capturing soft and hard edges in one selection
- Understanding the relationship of selections to masks
- Removing color fringe around selections
- Using the Marquee and Lasso tools
- Working with the Color Range command
- Selecting with the Pen tool and paths
- Making easy selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Working with Refine Mask
- Sharing selections between images
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Why Make Selections?
2. Selection Basics
3. Modifying Selections
4. Refining Selections
5. Geometric Selection Methods
6. Drawing Selection Methods
7. Tonal and Color Selection Methods
8. Using Image Properties to Select
9. Saving Selections
10. Working in Quick Mask Mode
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.