Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Filling a path, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- View Offline
- We can use a path to create…very controlled brushstroke.…But we can do even more.…When I'm using the pen tool,…and create my vector path,…I can close this path…by going to the beginning point of the path.…And this little circle shape there at my cursor…indicates that if I now click, I will close the path.…My path is now a closed shape,…and what I can do with this shape is…I can fill it with a color.…
So, let's select a color…and say, "Fill path with foreground color".…And there we go.…This case, our path…just behaves like a selection…that we fill with a paint bucket tool.…I can adjust my vector shape…and fill it again.…And if we want to use our path…as an actual selection, we can even turn our path…into a selection with this option here,…"Load path as a selection".…
If we hit it, our path is converted to a selection,…and we can now use this selection…to paint freely in it.…But the path is not gone.…If we click here, on the "Path"…in the "Path" palette,…we have it again; there it is.…And we can adjust it at any time.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.