In this video, learn how to use the Fade option to achieve a more complex brush behavior even when you're using a mouse.
- [Voiceover] When we use a graphic tablet or pen display, … we can use the pen pressure to drive the opacity … of our brush stroke, like I'm doing it here. … When we don't have access to a graphic tablet … or a pen display, and use a mouse instead, … there actually is an interesting control option that can, … at least to a certain level, … compensate the lack of pen pressure. … Let's have a closer look here at the transfer settings. … The control of the opacity jitter … is currently set to pen pressure. … We will now choose fade from the pulldown menu. … And now, if we put down a brushstroke, … the opacity of our brushstroke is faded … over a given amount of steps … that we can define with the value over here. … Currently, it's set to 100. … If we use a higher value, like 300, … our stroke gets longer and is now faded over 300 steps. … But what are these steps? … In order to show that more clearly, … I quickly go to the brush tip shape settings … and set the spacing of our brush to a value …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.