Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Fade, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Even if you're not able to work with a graphic tablet,…and are working with a mouse instead, there's a possibility…to bring more variation to your brushstrokes.…The option can be found at the same place…where we can set up the Pen Pressure,…and it's called Fade.…Fade comes with a numeric value,…and we will now have a look at how exactly it works.…In order to do that, I will adjust the Spacing…of my stroke much higher,…so that we can see the individual brush tips.…
Now I will put in the value 5 here in the field,…and we'll see what happens.…We've chosen to control the Size Jitter attribute…with a Fade option,…and this means that the Fade will determine…how the Size Jitter is applied to my stroke.…The Fade says that it should be applied in five steps,…so the size of my stroke is decreased…in five distinct steps.…
If we use 10, we will see ten different brush tips,…until the tip is so small that we can't see it any further.…And if we use 25, we'll see 25 brush tips.…Now, if we decrease the spacing again,…and use, not 25,…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.