With the eyedropper tool, you can easily pick up a color that already exists on your digital canvas.
- [Instructor] There are plenty of ways … to choose a new color, … either by using the color picker … or the color palette … or the swatches palette. … But the technique that we will actually be using most often … is picking up a color that is already on our digital canvas. … And for that, we have a special tool here in the toolbar, … and it's the Eyedropper tool. … With the Eyedropper tool, I can just click … on a color on my digital canvas … and it will be loaded as my new foreground color. … That's a very quick way to pick up a color … that I have already used in my artwork. … And because this is used so many times … during the work on the digital canvas, … there is a prominent shortcut for the Eyedropper tool. … If you click and hold the alt key, … your tool changes into the Eyedropper tool. … You can make a selection, pick your color, … and if you release alt, you return to the tool … that you used and the new color is loaded … as your foreground color. … Now, using the Eyedropper tool …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.