Mike Rankin shows the options for exporting content from a layered Photoshop file in various ways. He demonstrates how to quickly export the whole file, individual layers, and layer groups, as well as how to export assets to multiple sizes at once.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at Photoshop's … features for exporting content. … In our exercise file, we have a mark up for our web page. … And let's say we needed to create … various exports from the design, … for a web developer to use. … There are lots of options that you can find … in the File, Export menu. … The first is Quick Export. … This is a one click operation … that will export the whole file in various formats. … Right now it's set to PNG, … but you can pick a different format … by opening Export Preferences. … And here you can choose a format, … as well as a location and other options. … I'm going to leave the defaults by clicking Cancel, … and go back to the File menu, … and choose Export, … Quick Export is PNG. … I'll save it on the desktop … and I'll just call it Homepage, … switch to the Finder, … and there it is. … Now let's look at exporting individual … pieces of this design, like this set of sidebar elements. … In the Layers panel, these four icons are in a layer group, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.