A feature that is used a lot in Adobe Photoshop is Smart Objects. Not only can you use them to embed full-resolution image in a Photoshop document, you can also take advantage of their hidden benefits. In this video, learn how to export and edit Smart Objects in Photoshop.
- When a smart object is made, don't worry.…It's very easy to step inside and make changes.…And in fact, you can even step inside a smart object…and export it as a whole new file…allowing you to save out the contents…as it's own Photoshop document.…This means that you never really lose any of your work,…and you can pick up from any point in time.…Let's explore the flexible options available to you.…If you have a layer as a smart object,…it's important to note that all the details…are still contained within.…
You may recall that clicking on a smart object…allows you to step inside.…In this particular case, the smart object is a raw file.…So when I open this from Adobe Camera Raw…or into Photoshop directly,…I had the option with the Camera Raw dialog…to open as a smart object.…The benefit here is that I can continue to refine…the development settings if needed.…But there is a secondary benefit, and that is this.…If you need to, you can choose Layer, Smart Objects,…and there's a whole dedicated menu,…which includes the ability to not only edit the content,…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.