Another type of adjustment layer that you need to take advantage of in Adobe Photoshop is the Color Lookup adjustment layer. Color Lookup tables give colors already in an image a new definition as another color. In this video, learn how to export a LUT from Photoshop for use in other applications.
- In Photoshop, we have the ability to export the lot…in many different formats.…Let me walk you through some of the export options…and why you might choose one over another.…It really depends where you want to send the lot.…So knowing your choices are helpful.…One thing I like to do is to create my own custom lots.…And I find that one of the easiest ways…to do this is to use a test image.…Now I've already got several adjustment layers here…and you see I've placed them into their own folders…just to make it easier to organize them as a group…but watch this process from the top.…
What I can do is add my own custom adjustments.…For example, a curve and taking advantage of things…like the on image tool.…It's very simple to click and drag to define things.…Maybe I want to brighten up the highlights a little bit…but start to darken down the mid-tones…and crush the shadows just a little.…And you see that that curve…generates a nice high contrast look.…Then I can go back in and try something…like the hue saturation command…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.