Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Expert wrinkle removal with the Dodge tool, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] So the workflow here is to copy the layer,…choose the tool, select a brush,…often a brush without any Hardness,…and a nice small brush,…so you can work on an area of the image.…For the Exposure, like we've seen…with some of our other tools,…we'll want to bring this down.…You want to try probably somewhere around…10 or 15% to start with.…Next zoom in on the area of the image you want to work on…and then just start to paint over that.…And what we can do with this…is we can start to bring out these shadows.…
Now the first step of this process…will be to paint over the shadows,…and then the second step will actually be…to work on the color that we have there.…So if you notice a slight color shift…or if it's looking like it's turning a little bit gray…don't worry about that too much just yet.…We'll look at how we can fix that next.…And so here going over this area,…painting away all of these different little shadows…that I'm noticing just a little bit at a time.…Tap the left bracket key to make my brush smaller…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.