Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Exiting Camera Raw, part of Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
You've already been using the Done button down here in the workflow area of the…Camera Raw dialog box,…but now we're getting ready to head on into Photoshop.…So it's time to take a look at the Workflow Options dialog box, which lets us…control the last few steps of our RAW conversion process.…Clicking this thing that looks like a link here in a web browser actually takes…us to Workflow Options.…I have a few different choices that I can configure for how Camera Raw is going…to produce a final RAW file by combining the RAW image data in my RAW file with…the settings that I've defined over here in Camera Raw's controls.…
First of all, there is Color Space.…When your camera captures color data, it assigns a number to every pixel in an image.…So, it may decide, for example, that this is 100% yellow, this pixel right here,…but what does 100% yellow mean, 100% of what?…The Color Space is a mathematical model that defines the ranges of colors in your image.…So, 100% yellow in one color space may equate to only 50% yellow in a…
- Getting the shot: landscape-specific shooting tips and tricks
- Choosing the right equipment
- Cropping and straightening images
- Making localized color and tonal adjustments
- Reducing noise
- Guiding the viewer’s eye with localized adjustments
- Adding a vignette
- Using gradient masks to create seamless edits
- Approaching adjustments like a painter–thinking in light and shadow
- HDR imaging
- Creating panoramas: shooting and post-processing techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6with Chris Orwig6h 28m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Performing Basic Edits in Camera Raw
3. Localized Editing and Color Correction in Camera Raw
4. Final Steps in Camera Raw
5. Performing Additional Edits in Photoshop
7. HDR Imaging
8. Converting to Black and White
Black-and-white conversion7m 13s
9. Putting It All Together and Thinking Like a Painter
10. Outputting Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.