Join Kevin Stohlmeyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Erodible brushes, part of Using Wacom Tablets with Photoshop.
- So I've opened up the Ben.psd file from our exercise files…and the last Brush tip that we're going to take a look at…in this chapter is actually called the Erodible Brushes.…The effect that I'm going for here, I'm going to zoom…in a little bit on Ben's head and turn on the Sketch Layer.…So I really want to kind of create this really cool kind…of Sketch effect over top of it.…To achieve this we're going to do two things.…We're going to create a Blank Layer on top of this…that I'm going to fill with white.…And then drop the Opacity back down to about 30%.…
Think of this as a piece of tracing paper.…Then I'm going to add a second Layer on top of that.…And this is actually going to be my Sketch Layer…and I'll name this Sketch 2.…And this is the layer that I'm actually…going to sketch on with my Brush.…We're then going to switch to our Brush Tool…and if we go over and either right-click on the screen…or if we over to our Brush Presets, you're looking…for the Brush tips that look like the pencil tips here.…These are Erodible brushes and they're fairly new…
- Changing the pen nib
- Customizing the ExpressKeys, touch options, and more
- Understanding opacity vs. flow
- Using the brush tools and Mixer Brush
- Working with erodible brushes