In this video, use the Eraser tool and selections to clear portions of a layer's content.
- [Instructor] One tool that I have completely neglected up … to this point is the eraser tool. … We find it here on the tool bar. … When we are painting on a single background layer, … the eraser is of no use for us. … On a background we can erase a brush stroke … by simply painting over it. … But with layers we have introduced transparency … to our digital canvas and if we need … to restore transparency at any point, … we can use the eraser to do that. … So for example, in our hills here … if I want to refine the edge … of the hills I can use the eraser … to refine the contour here … and by that I effectively restore … the transparency of the layer. … The only thing that I have to make sure is … that the transparency is not locked on my layer … because if it is locked my eraser will erase … to the background color that is currently chosen. … So let's undo this, … turn off the lock transparency. … Let's do some final adjustments. … As we can see on a transparent layer the eraser … is the counterpart to our brush tool. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.