Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing the shape of the body, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In the previous movie we worked on cleaning up some of the blemishes.…In this movie we're going to work on the overall body shape.…So let's go ahead and merge all our clean up down.…Click on the Top Layer, hold down the Shift key, click on the layer clean_up and press Command+E for the Mac,…Ctrl+E for the PC, and name that layer clean up.…Now, we need to duplicate this layer.…There are a number of different ways to do that.…Just to show you yet another, hold down the Control key, click on the layer and choose Duplicate Layer.…I like that because I'm able to name the layer, and I'll call this layer shape.…
Next, we're going to navigate to our Filter drop down menu and choose Liquify.…Now, what we're going to do here is work on the overall shape.…We're going to increase our Brush Size quite a bit here.…Make that, let's say about 200, and our Brush Density really high, Brush Pressure really low.…We'll zoom on the image a little bit, and what I want to do is just go ahead…and modify the shape of these legs just a little bit.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.