Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing lips, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back, in this movie I want to do a little bit of work on the lips.…So let's click on the adjustment layer icon and choose Curves.…Next, we're going to navigate the red channel, bring in some red, go to the green channel, bring in some magenta,…I'll bring in some nice density, and finally Blue, Yellow channel, I want to bring in a little bit of yellow.…I love that color, that's looking good.…Finally go to the RGB channel and I'm going to darken up the lips a little bit, so I'm going to bring that down and click OK.…Now I need to invert my mask, Command+I on a Mac, Ctrl+I on a PC, select the Brush tool by pressing the B key,…choose my Opacity I'm going to choose 25%, so I press 25 on a key board and then I start to paint with whites on the lips,…it looked a kind of slowly go across lips here, build this color and density up, little by little.…
Alright, let's see how that is?…before and after, I'm liking that, double click the adjustment layer icon, I want to darken them even more,…bring in a little bit more red, which I want to turn brighten just a tad bit and click OK.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.