Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing lip shape, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie I want to work on the shape of the lips and do a little of burning and dodging so let's create a new layer.…Shift Command N on a Mac, Shift Ctrl N on a PC, take this to a blend mode of Soft Light…and let's click OK and then we will zoom in on the lips.…We will grab our Brush tool and choose black as our color, 5% opacity nice and relatively small brush here.…What I am going to do is just look to paint with black around the edges of the lips.…
Now as I started painting I noticed couple of problem areas with this image is this little shadow right here.…So I am going to hit the X key, I am going to get rid of that shadow.…As long as I am here I might as well get rid of that.…There we go.…Add a little bit of highlights across the lips here and here, hit the X key, take your brush size,…darken up the edge of those lips, hit the X key little bit of highlight work, let's look at our before and after.…
before and after, I will zoom out to see if I am actually going…in a good direction I would say hey yeah that's a pretty good direction, the bottom lip looks great, the top lip do not like it…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.