Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing lip color creatively, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back.…This is going to be a fun movie and we are going to make some modifications just because you kind…of got to have some fun while you are retouching.…What I am going to do is merge everything to the top layer, Shift Option Command E on a Mac,…Shift Alt Ctrl E on a PC then I am going to modify the hue and saturation.…Command, you will open up the hue saturation dialog box and I am going to change the color of this image, click Okay.…Now I have changed the color of the image and what I want to do is work on the lips here.…So I am going to click on the add layer mask icon, hold down the Option L key as I do that and then grab my Brush tool…and again this is just for the fun of it and I am going to paint with white.…
So let's see about 90% opacity here and I am just looking to bring in this new lip color here just for the fun of it…because I want to give you some ideas on what you can do in regards to creative color.…You know it's not all about following the rules of the book sometimes it's about doing things little bit off the wall…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.