Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing the image with Burn and Dodge, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Alright welcome back.…Over the break I flattened all my layers so I have all my retouching in one layer R1 and one of the nice things…about using this minimal layer approach is one that says file size,…you can work faster and keeps your retouching really simple.…It makes you feel like hey yeah I am making progress it's not that big a deal.…It's not a big huge cluttered mess.…Now this isn't always the best approach although there are times when this works really well.…Alright what I want to do in this movie is work on the tonality of the image, want to do some burning and dodging.…So let's create a new layer, Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC.…
We will take our blend mode to Soft Light and click OK.…Now select the Brush tool and we want to paint with black or white.…Now if you have a color in your color picker as I do you can hit the D key, takes it to default black and white.…The X key flips those two colors so I am on white and I am going to paint with real low opacity let's try something less than 10.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.