Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing the image with Burn and Dodge, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, you are going to learn some really valuable retouching techniques; in particular,…we are going to look at how we can use some Burning and Dodging, some color and some healing in order to enhance this image.…And let's create a new layer of the underlying layers, merge the topmost layer.…Shift+Option+Command+E, that will merge the underlying layers up to the top on a Mac,…Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E on a PC, and we will call this layer Burn and Dodge.…
Alright, we are then going to grab one of our tools.…We will grab the Dodge tool to start with.…We will zoom in on the eyes here.…I am going to have this brush pretty small.…With my exposure at about 10%, what I am going to do here is just paint away the darkness under the eyes here,…a couple of different ways that we can do this, a little more brightness around the eye while I am here.…So let's continue to brighten up the shadow underneath the eye.…
I have a medium sized brush and you notice that I am moving the brush in a way that it's following the direction of the shadow.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.