Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing hair, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we'll be working on enhancing the hair, click on the adjustment layer icon, choose Curves,…let's brighten up the image overall, not just a touch of contrast and click OK.…Next, invert the mask Command+I on a Mac, Ctrl+I on a PC, select the Brush tool,…paint with white and let's paint with white at 20% opacity.…What we're going to do is just paint over some of the highlights.…Now there are a couple of different ways we could do this, we could make sure our painting is really precise from the get-go…or we could be a little bit more liberal with our painting with the Brush tool…and then blend the brush strokes together with the filter.…
Let's take this Opacity up to about 70% now and bring in even more unspecific highlights,…I'm just going through specific highlights here, trying to bring those out and I'm being pretty liberal towards my brush strokes.…I'll bring my brush size up quite a bit, go to 40%, press 4 on the keyboard,…look to brighten some of the hair up overall and I go back to 80%.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.